Friday, March 8, 2013

Let's have pun

This blog was not being put to its expressed use--nor, for that matter, to any use at all. I am used to stop using my purposes halfway through their use, and so it was again. This time I hope to put my discipline to better use--to use it altogether--and stick to the plan.

Since I have been studying English poetry for the past months and will continue to do so in the near future, there could be no better use to this useless, futureless blog than to help me elaborate, through expressing them, the things I have been learning about poetry and the poetry I have been writing about things. Hence the use of English in place of Portuguese and, without further adieu, the following poem (now twice put to use):




The Eye of the Gadfly

When Socrates died his soul went home,
Or slept a long night's sleep.
A starless night to stop all thought;
A dreamless night so deep.



I lied. Adieu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lіnk exchаngе iѕ nоthing else
however it іs onlу plаcing thе other person's webpage link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar in support of you.

Also visit my webpage: fırlatma oyunları